Table of Contents
Poor sales suck, yuck I know.
According to Seth Godin “A bad product and good marketing still sells, the end result is it is only for a while.
I’m totally in support of good products. They save you 5X on customer acquisition.
Have a good product? Truth is products don’t sell themselves- I said it! if you don’t talk about your product no one will know.
If poor sales is your reason for trying SEO then you should read on.
SEO can be difficult to learn, I realized the more I explored the more the level of work it takes to get it right..
However, with the right resources and a willingness to learn, anyone can learn the basics of search engine optimization and improve their website’s search engine rankings.
What is SEO?
SEO is short for “Search Engine Optimization” It is the process of optimizing your website or web page to improve its ranking in the search engine results pages (SERPs). The goal of SEO is to increase a website’s visibility and traffic by increasing the likelihood that it will appear at the top of search engine results.
What are SEO tools
SEO tools are software that help your business reach a larger audience by analyzing and optimizing your content, keyword, visuals and links. These tools help improve your website’s search engine rankings and visibility. They help dictate the progress of a website and point out the gaps that need to be addressed. They also reveal certain aspects of a website that should be explored.
Do you need SEO tools?
The answer is YES. Without SEO, there is little you can do to grow your website. It’s simple: does a pen need ink to function? Yes, because without that ink, your writing is invisible, and since SEO is designed to increase the visibility of your website, it cannot be overlooked.
Why use SEO tools?
SEO tools help you improve the visibility of your website and its ranking in search engine results pages (SERPs). These tools analyze a website’s content and structure, identify areas for improvement, and track progress over time. They can also provide keyword insights and competitor analysis. By using SEO tools, you can optimize your sites for search engines and increase your chances of appearing at the top of SERPs, which leads to more traffic and potential customers.
15 SEO tools worth your investment
If your website has been performing poorly on traffic and SERP, you’ll love this tool. It’s time to step up and rank better than others have. Follow closely as we dive into this aspect of the best SEO tools to get results.
1. SEMrush: This is a complete SEO tool that is primarily for tracking. This is what sets it apart from other tools. It is used for keyword research and tracking your competitors’ keyword strategy. It can also be used for paid search and display advertising research. Some of the main features of SEMrush are: Rank tracking, link building, on-page SEO, keyword research, content optimization, and competitor SEO analysis.
2. Ubersuggest: this is the keyword deck. If you do not have any ideas for your content to reach an optimal level, then Ubersuggest is the right tool for you. It allows users to generate ideas for content creation and SEO optimization. It can be used to find keywords on a specific topic, analyze competition for those keywords and track the performance of a website’s organic search traffic.
3. Moz: This tool is used to improve website visibility and search engine rankings. Some of its features include keyword research, website performance analysis and backlink monitoring. Moz is also used for on-page optimization. It helps users optimize the content and structure of their website for search engines. If you run a business on social media, you are in luck. It helps you track social media performance and engagement for your business posts.
4. Marketmuse: This is a tool based on artificial intelligence (AI). It suggests internal links that help you connect your current content with related content you have previously published. Another nice feature of this tool is that it compares your content with that of your competitors and also suggests what additional content you can introduce to make your website rank better. Marketmuse provides real-time analytics and insights into content performance, including traffic, engagement, and conversions.
5. Google Search Console: This is a free tool provided by Google. It plays a big role in your search engine optimization as it helps you understand how Google sees your website and shows you where you can improve your website. Google Search Console allows you to gather data on how your website is performing in search results, including the number of clicks, impressions, and click-through rates for specific search queries. It also helps with mobile usability for visitors and users by checking if your site has mobile usability issues, such as text that is too small or links that are too narrow and crowded.
6. Rankmath: This is an indispensable tool if you own a WordPress website. RankMath analyzes the content of a web page and makes suggestions to improve SEO, such as optimizing title tags, meta descriptions and header tags. The uniqueness of the plugin lies in the suggestions it makes after analyzing your website. The plugin also allows you to connect your website to Google Search Console and see how your website is performing on the search engine results page.
7. Keywords Everywhere: as the name suggests, this is a tool for everything related to keyword optimization on your website. Keywords Everywhere is a useful SEO tool that allows users to view search volume, CPC and competition data for keywords on multiple websites. The tool provides an overview of the top 10 search results for a given keyword, including the title, URL and meta description of each result.
8. Serpstat: Serpstat is an SEO and PPC analysis tool that helps users track their website’s performance in search engines and improve their search engine rankings. Features include keyword research, competitor analysis, website audit, backlink analysis and ranking tracking. There is also a feature called “Content Marketing Platform” that helps in creating content ideas, tracking the performance of your content and finding the best keywords for your content. Serpstat also allows users to track the performance of their website in various search engines such as Google, Bing, Yahoo, Yandex and YouTube.
9. Google my business (GMB): If you run a business, you shouldn’t miss this tool. Google My Business is a free tool from Google that allows businesses to manage their online presence in Google, including search and maps. It allows businesses to check their information, such as address and phone number, and post updates, photos and offers. This tool is favourable for local SEO, as potential customers can walk in and have a transaction with you.
10. Ahrefs: The main use of this tool is to analyze the link profile of your website and keyword ranking. It can be used to identify and research competitors, find link-building opportunities, track keyword rankings, and analyze the overall performance of a website in search engine results pages (SERPs). This is also a complete tool for marketers. It researches keywords that could help improve your website. Ahrefs is a great tool for content optimization because it identifies which content on a website is performing well and which is not. This can help in optimizing the content for better search engine visibility.
11. SE Ranking: This tool helps you perform integral SEO tasks like keyword research, website audit, rank tracking, backlink check and competitive analysis. The tool also provides detailed reports and analytics to help users understand their search engine performance and identify areas for improvement. Overall, SE Ranking is a comprehensive SEO tool that can help users improve their website’s visibility in search engines and drive more traffic to their website.
12. Seed keyword: Not necessarily a tool, but it is also an important factor to take into consideration if you want to grow your business online. Seed keywords for SEO are the initial set of keywords or phrases that you target in your search engine optimization efforts. These keywords are chosen based on their relevance to your business, their search volume, and their competition level. Some examples of seed keywords include “SEO tips”, “search engine optimization”, “how to improve search rankings”, “keyword research” and “on-page SEO”. These keywords can be used in your website’s content, meta tags, and other elements to help boost your search engine visibility.
13. Google keyword planner: Google Keyword Planner is a free tool provided by Google Ads that helps users research keywords for their search engine marketing (SEM) and search engine optimization (SEO) campaigns. The tool allows users to research keywords, get historical statistics, and see estimates for search volume, CPC, and competition for those keywords. It also provides recommendations for new keywords based on the user’s website or a specific keyword. The Keyword Planner can be accessed through a Google Ads account.
14. Alsoasked: You can’t run out of content ideas if you use this tool. It is specific to what you want, and it is a tool that can help users find new content ideas or related questions that they can ask to expand on a topic they’re interested in. It’s a great way to find questions that people are asking and help you to get inspiration for new content or blog post.
15. Seoquake: Seoquake is a browser extension that can be used as an SEO tool. It allows users to view various SEO metrics for a website, such as the number of backlinks, and Google PageRank. It also allows users to compare metrics between multiple websites and generate custom reports. Additionally, it has a feature that allows users to see the SERP data for specific keywords. The tool is available for Chrome, Firefox, Safari and Opera.
In conclusion, investing in SEO tools in 2023 is beneficial for improving the visibility and search engine ranking of your website. Some of the tools worth considering include Ahrefs, SEMrush, Moz, and Google Search Console. These tools can help you with keyword research, tracking your website’s performance, identifying and fixing technical SEO issues, and monitoring your competition. However, it’s important to note that no tool can replace the importance of creating high-quality content and having a well-designed website. It’s also important to keep in mind that SEO is an ongoing process, and it’s essential to stay up-to-date with the latest trends and best practices to stay competitive.
“One unfortunate part about the world of SEO is that sometimes things go wrong’’