Table of Content
You may have come across the word SEO or used it without knowing what it is, SEO stands for Search Engine Optimization, which is the process of promoting your website to get more organic traffic and visibility through search engines.
Now, what is a search engine? According to Wikipedia, a search engine is a software system designed to perform web searches, examples are Google, Youtube, Bing, Yahoo, Baidu, Yippy, WolframAlpha, etc.
The main goal of SEO is to improve visibility and increase organic traffic to your website. 53% of B2B and B2C website traffic comes from search engine optimization, and that’s because search engine optimization helps improve companies’ digital marketing by increasing traffic to their websites.
There are different types of SEO, namely on-page SEO, off-page SEO, technical SEO, and Local SEO.
Knowing and understanding when to apply them to your campaigns is very important.
If you don’t have a long-tail SEO strategy you’re missing out.”Aleh Barysevich, Founder of SEO PowerSuite
How SEO helps your business grow
- SEO helps you create brand awareness and gain credibility: By using SEO for your business, your visibility and ranking become high, making it easy for potential customers to recognize and access your website thereby increasing your company’s sales.
When people need a service that you can provide and search for it online, your brand name will be easily found because you have optimized your brand for search engines.
Effective search engine optimization helps to increase the value of your brand and also gain credibility. According to some search users, credible companies can be found on the first SERPs (Search Engine Result Pages).
2. SEO helps you generate useful organic traffic to your business: Once you have a strong online presence it will be easier for potential customers to access your business and increase sales.
Search engine optimization will make your business easier to find and use, which will increase organic traffic to your business. The higher your ranking, the more visitors will come to your business website.
3. SEO helps you understand what your customers want and helps improve their experience:- Knowing SEO algorithms for example search engines like google use user experience to rank pages on SERPs (Search Engine Result Pages).
So, if you provide a better service to your users and they give you a positive review, your chances of ranking high and gaining visibility in search engines increases. This also makes it easier for users to access what they are looking for and get the services you offer without stress.
4. SEO gives you an edge over your competitors:- Top ranking in SERPs gives you an edge over your competitors. Your business website has a higher authority than the rest and this gives you the upper hand over them.
5. SEO helps you generate a positive ROI: – SEO increases sales and brings a high return on investment (ROI). According to Terakeet, websites that rank high on SERPs Increase a blog’s business value by 429%, decrease customer acquisition costs by 87.41%, and also bring in $12.20 of revenue per $1 spent on marketing. This is the most effective marketing strategy.
SEO is inexpensive to implement and every business needs it because it is the most realistic and effective way to reach its potential customers.
Most people will only find you through search engines.”Arnie Kuenn, International author and speaker